Vineyard Johns Creek, an assisted living and memory care community, announced today the opening of their information center for COVID-safe visits. In addition, the community has announced the hiring of two new members to their executive leadership team. The information center is located at 10475 Medlock Bridge Rd STE 410.
In real life, however, it is not as fun or healthy to be scared. Unfortunately, there have been a lot of scary things happening in 2020. The biggest one, of course, is the Corona Virus. Many people are experiencing stress, anxiety, and depression during this time. These are some ways that can help manage stress and anxiety:
- Control those things you can and let go of the things you can’t. If I have trouble with this, I quote the Serenity Prayer. Angela Mayou also says it well, “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” Things you can control—washing your hands, wearing a mask, removing yourself from people who make you uncomfortable…
- Practice gratitude and learn to find the positive things in a situation. This doesn’t mean to ignore or suppress all of your negative feelings. Sometimes you need to vent and get all those negative feelings out before you can let them go and move on. It is important to vent to someone you trust.
- Schedule time to spend with family, friends, and yourself. Don’t wait for it to happen or it probably won’t. Pick up that phone and plan a date on the calendar.
- Take care of yourself! Eat healthy, exercise, even if it is just a walk through your neighborhood. Just MOVE!! And get enough sleep.
- Find those activities that create positive feelings. Sitting by the water brings me peace. Hiking up a mountain makes me feel strong and empowered. Spending time with my grandchildren brings me happiness. Find what does it for you.
Finally, go watch a good scary movie!!!
Take care and stay healthy!
TOYS FOR TOTS
We will be collecting new toys now through December 13. Drop offs may be made Monday thru Friday, 9:00 am until 5:00 pm at our Information Center, 10475 Medlock Bridge Road, Suite 410 in the Ivy Falls office complex. Questions? Please call 770.421.1302.
VINEYARD’S HOLIDAY EXTRAVAGANZA 7-DAY GIVEAWAY
“Like” us on Facebook to win BIG!
Beginning on Sunday, December 12, we will give away a themed basket every day for 7 days to 1 lucky winner. Our amazing prizes include an air fryer, golf for 2, UGG blanket, a Fire Tablet, wireless earbuds, tailgate grill and chairs, and so much more!
But first, you have to like us on FB and then follow us on the day you want to win. Good luck!
In the middle stage of Alzheimer’s disease, those who were care partners now become hands-on caregivers. Join us for this 3-part Alzheimer’s caregiver webinar series!
Experienced caregivers and professionals will discuss helpful strategies to provide safe, effective, and comfortable care in the middle stage of Alzheimer’s.